Love Yourself 5 Tips for a Self Love Valentines Day
Valentines, galentines, palentines- that’s a lot of love to celebrate but are you setting time aside to show yourself some love too?
Take the time to indulge in some self-care:
1. Ease into the day with a mind-body connection: try a 20 minute Yoga routine, meditation or breathing practices. We store tension in our body leading to stress. Set time aside to stretch first thing and/or ensure you’re taking movement snacks throughout the day.
2. Stay hydrated: this will help regulate body temperature, keep joints lubricated, prevent infections, deliver nutrients to cells, and keep organs functioning properly as well as improving cognition and mood. Aim for 1.5-2L a day.
3. Let go of the distractions in your day: do you need an alert/notification everytime you get an email/message etc. Turn off the noisy alerts on your phone/computer as much as is feasible to avoid being pulled off task. This will enable you to focus and be more productive.
4. Write yourself a love note: find that journal and focus on reasons why you love yourself. Make a list of things that you’ve done that you’re proud of, goals you’ve achieved and/or how you’re progressing on your latest project/goal/commitment. You can keep a gratitude journal and acknowledge what you’re grateful for at the end of each day.
5. Commit to sleep: if you’re not getting enough sleep 7-8 hours set this as a priority to increase your energy, reduce brain fog, promote healing and reduce over-eating. Research shows adequate sleep can enhance performance, vigilance, memory and decrease burn out.