Online programmes specifically for women designed by Sarah who has extensively studied women’s health including: the pelvic floor and core, abdominal dysfunctions in female pelvic health, Diastasis Rectus Abdominus (core restoration using Pilates) and functional Pilates programming for pelvic health.
- 1 in 3 women experience bladder or bowel control problems at some stage.
- Up to 15% of women suffer from internal pain.
- 1 in 4 women have pelvic organ prolapse.
- An increasing number of women have a Diastasis recti. This is where the stomach is distended because the space between the left and right stomach muscles has widened. When the abdominal muscles move aside like this the uterus, bowels, and other organs have only a thin band of connective tissue in front to hold them in place.
- Diastasis recti can cause low back pain, constipation, and varying states of incontinence. In fact, it can affect breathing and movement. Whilst this is rare, in extreme cases the tissue can tear and cause organs to be exposed – known as a hernia.
NB: While these conditions are quite common, they are not normal and are not necessarily to do with pregnancy or childbirth. Incontinence or pain can occur from childhood to adulthood.
- Separation of the stomach muscles
- Bladder and bowel dysfunction
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Pelvic girdle pain/low back pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Postnatal Pilates
- Exercises post pregnancy
These sessions are designed for women of all ages and not just for women returning to exercise after childbirth.
2 Hour Pelvic Health Workshop Part 1 £30.00
Available via a private YouTube link accompanied by a digital handout